Wednesday 29 December 2010

Upper East Side

(This reminds me of Gossip Girl!!)

This is the most affluent area of New York City, situated between Central Park and the East River. It is home to many upmarket stores.

Places to visit:

Barneys:

This high fashion department store is home to many designers and is a core part of the retail in New York.  Although pretty much every item will be out of my price range, it's definitely still worth a look round.

Intermix:

This high fashion boutique provides a range of the latest European and American styles, with samller fashion forward lables hanging next to the industry's biggest names. As the in store collections are relatively small, if you don't grab it the first time you see it, it will probably be gone by the next! 

Pookie & Sebastian:

Before researching this store I had never heard of it before, but from my research I have found that it is an adorable little boutique that I definitely want to visit when I'm in New York. Although some of it does seem a little pricy, I'm sure I will be able to snatch up a few bargains in the sale.

Scoop:

This is another store full of designer brands ranging from moderate to expensive. Could be worth a look.


There is an entire range of luxury designer stores situated in the Upper East Side, all of which are worth a look:

Chanel:

Chloe:

The red ballet shoe repeated throughout Chole's Spring 2011 runway is adorable. Definitely on my wish list for the summer.

DKNY:

Givenchy:

Gucci:
The architecture of all these luxury stores is very impressive, therefore expressing that these stores are of a luxury and expense and also that the Upper East Side is the wealthiest area of New York City.

Fred Leighton:

Home to luxury designer jewels and a favourite for red carpet events. Supporters include Sarah Jessica Parker, Nicole Kidman and Catherine Zeta Jones. Antique diamonds and brooches avaibale; it's worth a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment